jueves, 27 de junio de 2013

A Piece of Art.

Since some years ago I like the sculpture, then the piece of art I´m going to tell you is part of this area.
It is called "Earth Orbit"(1996) by the chilean sculptor Sergio Castillo. The first time I saw it was in 2010, in the course called "Forma y Espacio" with teacher Hugo Rivera. We visited a place called "Parque de las Esculturas" and the sculpture was in exhibition. All the sculptures of Castillo are maden in steel and I like his work beacause it is a difficult material to work and he get exellent and beautiful results. Specifically I like this work beacuse the fact how Castillo achieves so much expressivity and plasticity to the steel. I like the way how the sheets of steel surround the earth, it looks like they were moving. I also like the relieves over the earth, it looks awesome.
What makes it better than other works is the way how the material was worked and the results achieved like shine and purity of the steel.

"Earth Orbit" by Sergio Castillo.
Another work I like of the same sculptor is "Third World"(1972), it is ubicated in the cultural center GAM and the first time I saw it was in 2010 too when the center opened. In this work Castillo achieves expressivity with other material treatment. It looks really fantastic too. I also like this work beacuase you can interact with the piece making it spin arround.

"Third World" by Sergio Castillo.
 

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario